Steve and I have really enjoyed all this rain. We'll just stand on our front or back porch and listen, tonight we even stood in it. This was outside our front porch.
Conner has been having a rough time these last couple of weeks. One of the last posts I mentioned he has acid reflux, well we haven't been sleeping well because of it. I was so grateful a couple of days ago when I got 3 hours and 45 minutes of sleep at once. Before that it had only been 2 hours. So my mom asked if Conner could sleep at her house Friday night. Steve and I went out to dinner and then we borrowed my parent's Wii and went back to our house. After an hour away from Conner I wanted to see him but I didn't. He was great for my mom. He fell asleep at 7:50pm. She said he didn't make a peep until 10:45pm. He took a bottle and went right back to sleep. He woke up again at 3:30 am took another bottle and went back down. My dad woke up at 6:30am and went and peeked at Conner. He was just laying in the pack-n-play playing with his hands. I am SO grateful that he was good for her. Steve and I had a Wii competition after we got home from dinner, two days later my arm is still sore. On Saturday my brother-in-law and sister-in-law had their baby boy. While we were visiting them at the hospital we heard Conner's first real laugh. It was so neat. Steve and I just looked at each other and said was that a laugh?
They are BBQ nachos. When we went to Memphis I tried some and the other day I was craving them. I am not a huge BBQ sauce fan but this sauce is GOOD! So start off with some tortilla chips, get some nacho cheese (the real stuff, not melted cheddar) and then I just use the canned chicken from Costco because you aren't going to want to have to wait for these. Now for the sauce, you need a sauce that has some sweetness to it. I found some at the A.F. Walmart in the bulk food section. I don't know why but I couldn't find it at the Saratoga Walmart. The brand is Cattleman's the flavor is Sweet and Spicy. Mix the chicken up with the sauce. Get it pretty saucy, then I heat everything up and add some sour cream at the end. OOhhh they're good.
The above video is of one of my favorite sounds.
So, I am sorry that my blog is all about Conner but this is pretty much my family journal. I enjoy Conner SO MUCH, it is crazy what one of his smiles will do for you. Today at church Steve leaned over to me and said, "He is getting so big, so fast. I think it's time to have another one." I just looked at him and said you go ahead and pray about that.


2 comments:
hey this is emily from work. your mom is so wonderful to do that for you! the nacho's sound so good too. that's one of my pregnancy cravings.
Becca! You are so cute to tell us how to make the nachos. Now I am going to make them! You and Steve and Connor are so cute! What a cute family. I love that you are so happy! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment