Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Growing Up

Conner is so smart. When he would like a drink he goes to the drawer, gets a cup out, walks to the refrigerator and attempts to put the cup under the water dispenser, he is just too short to reach. When he would like to go outside he will do one of two things, he will either go to the front door and reach for the doorknob, or he will find his shoes wherever they may be and bring them to you to put them on him. He will sit in his umbrella stroller completely on his own and be sitting correctly. He can also get out of it all on his own, without falling on his face. He still loves to dance, whenever anything comes on that is music to him, he will dance. Right now, he is entertaining himself getting in and out of the stroller. This is such a nice age, most of the time. Right now, he is also becoming very independent, which at times can be difficult for both of us.

The other day we went to Toys R Us for the first time. I was looking for something specific so I didn't get a cart, it was going to be a quick in and out. They didn't have what I was looking for so I was about to leave when Conner wanted out of my arms to explore. I thought, why not, it's not like we have anything else to do. So we spent the next half hour playing with the toy displays. Conner has this huge obsession with pushing things. Whether it be a shopping cart, stroller, car, whatever. So that can be a little challenging when I see him running away with another customers cart or stroller.
Today we walked to the park. I think it was Conner's first time going down a slide so I was excited to see his reaction. He didn't care about the playground. Once we got there he spent most of the time pushing around the stroller. Conner's FAVORITE thing by far is being outside, he knows the word. Just ask him if he wants to go outside and he will run to the door. There are times when he will throw a fit to go outside and I will try to explain to him that it is too cold. This does not work, he doesn't understand. So I thought I'll just show him how cold it is, I will let him go outside. Ha, cold doesn't mean anything to him. He laughs and gets the biggest smile when a cold gust of wind comes and almost blows him over. He doesn't get cold. Heat on the other hand is what he has a hard time with. Last year we were only able to go camping three times because every time we went Conner would over heat. So we will be going camping soon while it is still cool.

2 comments:

Kim and Preston said...

Wow! The things that a child learns so fast...we forget that we once learned them too:) He sure is a cutie:)

coleman said...

It is so cute to hear how much alike Cooper and Conner are. They learn so fast it is amazing. I assume you sold your house. Did you buy a new one? Also, did you hear back about Conner's allergy's? Hope all is well!