Friday, September 10, 2010

Good News

How your baby's growing: 11 weeks

Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.

She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.


I am pregnant again! Steve and I were very surprised to see a positive pregnancy test only 4 weeks after I completed my miscarriage. We are very excited to be blessed with another child. I am finally starting to not be as sick. I had my first doctor's appointment on Tuesday and the baby's heart beat was 160. Dr. Parker offered to special me and I thought that was extremely kind. So we are excited to have him deliver. He helped in the delivery of Steve who was born via c-section. Kind of cool that he will now deliver one of Steve's children. Thanks for everyone's comforting words in my previous post, I do have it together again. As of now the baby's due date is March 29, 2011. So, Steve, Conner and the new one will all have March birthdays.

5 comments:

The Tough Sisters said...

Congrats! I hope all goes well! So excited for Conner to have a friend!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Yea!!! Congratulations! That is so so exciting. I hope all goes well this time, and I hope you start feeling better soon. As hard as it is, being sick is actually a really good sign!

Sarah said...

yayyyyy!!!!!! Congrats! It is a good thing to be sick, keep that in mind!

coleman said...

Becca...I am so happy for you!!! We need to plan another play date.

Stef said...

Congrats! I'm send baby girl thoughts your way so that I can be right this time.