Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mom Experiences

Well, Conner now has 5 teeth showing. He got three of his top teeth almost at the same time. It's pretty funny I can't go one day without getting thrown up on. On Tuesday my morning started with Conner throwing up about a third of his bottle on me. I was laying on my back and had him up in the air above me and all of a sudden I see this white waterfall coming toward me. I moved as quickly as I could but it landed in my hair and on my shoulder. I sat up and it ran down my back as well as the front of me. There was a lot. I had to get in the shower. That night Conner had peaches for the first time and had pooped in his diaper without me knowing. I picked him up and rested him on my hip and as I did that he threw up again down my clothes and landed on my foot. When I moved Conner away there was poop on my shirt. Peaches travel through the body fast. Steve changed his diaper but it didn't stink, it smelled like peaches. Conner spits up all day long. I don't understand why, but I don't usually know that he has done it until I feel something warm or I step in it. Last night I was out on my porch feeding Conner his bottle and waiting for Steve to get home, I sat him up to burp him and before I knew it I had throw up all over my pants and was now sitting in a small puddle. That's when Steve showed up and said, "wo." I just looked at him and smiled and said those are my days. This morning when I got Conner out of the crib his hair was crispy. I looked in his crib and saw the outline of where he had spit up. It was now all dried in his hair. It's interesting how none of it bothers me. Steve still gets grossed out by the dirty diapers but I change them all day so I am use to it. Before I had kids drool grossed me out, now it's nothing. My emotions have changed quite a bit when it comes to kids. Before when I watched a movie or listened to the news and something happened to a child it never really phased me. Now I get crushed, and it sometimes brings me close to tears. I am a lot softer when I see kids acting up in the store, I just think, my time will come. I feel for the parents when their kids are crying and the parents are trying so hard to keep it together. Sad to say I use to think, "can't you control your kids?" I know pretty bad, huh? I had my first incident of Conner screaming at the store the other day. He must have become hungry all of a sudden and just started crying. My hands were full and I was trying to calm Conner while making a bottle. I was trying not to be embarrassed but it was pretty hard not to. I kept thinking, it's ok all moms understand, right? I am sure there are some people who think like I use to and looked at me and thought, control your kid. I am so grateful that I have learned some very important lessons from being a mom.

2 comments:

Celeste Ferguson said...

Every mom goes through it!! No worries. You should see my 4 at the store! :) If it can get away with it--I don't take them all alone anymore! :)

lindseyfrancom said...

Teething is hard, Channing is getting 2 molars. He has also been a very spitty child from the beginning. I have cream colored carpet but now there are spots of purple, green and orange (from him spitting up after eating jar food when he was in the scooting and crawling stages). You may want to get him checked for acid reflux. It is hard to deal with at times- I had to giggle a little at the stories of Connors bodily fluid problems you have had to put up with- we do all go through it. And eventually we all have sympathy for the mothers with screaming children at the store, so don't worry about those non-moms looking at you and judging! They too will go through it one day!