Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sentences

Conner has started saying complete sentences and I can understand him! Last week I was on the computer and he came over and put his finger on the power button. Then he said, "I am going to push." My mom and I both looked at each other and said, "Did he just say a complete sentence?" Then today he was playing with a ball on the couch and it fell on the floor. I asked Conner if he wanted me to get it. He turned around, started to get off of the couch and said, "I'm going to get it." After he picked up the ball he said, "I got it." Then about 10 minutes later he comes over to me and says, "I made a mess." I repeated, "You made a mess?" Then he pointed to the water that was on the kitchen floor. I gave him a napkin and he cleaned it up. It is amazing what 18 months olds are capable of.
It seems like no matter what Conner is doing, if he is inside our out, he will stop what he is doing whenever he hears an airplane or helicopter. He points up in the air and will say either airplane or helicopter. Not everything that he says is clear as a bell, but I can understand him. My mom and Steve can understand him as well. Most of the things he says are still one or two words but he can say those words very clearly. A lot of the time when he says a sentence you can only catch a couple of words. But it is so nice that he is talking more and more so I can understand him. I can't believe he starts nursery in two weeks!
A couple of weeks ago we went up to Silver Lake as a family. It was really nice.

1 comment:

lindseyfrancom said...

THat is so great that he says complete sentances- my 2 year old won't yet!

I LOVE Silver Lake. It is so beautiful up there!