Well last Thursday I hit the 4 week mark. I pre-registered at the hospital yesterday, the baby's room is all put together pretty much but I still have to go through all the hand me down clothes that I received and am borrowing and wash everything. I am so grateful that I don't have to go out and buy a whole wardrobe. I am pretty sure that we have decided on a name! It is a name that I have never thought of but after I heard it I kept thinking about it and now I really like it. We were over at our bishop's house for dinner last Sunday and he said his sister was born on St. Patrick's Day and she was named Shannon. I really didn't think about it at first and then all of a sudden I decided I really like it. So her name will be Shannon Dianne Ferguson. I have only known two Shannon's my entire life, one in elementary and one in high school. I think Conner and Shannon are cute together.
I have not had it all together the last couple of weeks. I seem to be complaining a lot and am very negative. I am trying to switch this around but it is tough. Well, I did have something exciting happen to me yesterday. I received an order for one of my homemade books. Remember back in October or November I mentioned that I won a competition put on by Provo Craft? Well, it was one of my homemade books that I won with. Here are some pictures of the books. The pictures really don't give the books justice. There are so many textures and techniques that you can't see unless you are actually looking at the book.
 |
| This is the story of the Gingerbread Man. There are 8 pages, the door is a page then the edge of the house, then the tree and then the cow and so on. |
 |
| This one is from Little Red Riding Hood, it isn't completely finished but the butterflies wing's will actually flap and I made the 3D flowers. |
 |
| I was so excited about this page just because I made the hanger and the frames on the wall. (Little Red Riding Hood.) |
 |
| I was excited about these glasses. I used some of Steve's tools from the garage to get the circles perfect. Just looking at this right now I should totally add pearl earrings. |
 |
| You can't tell in the picture but every apple has been doused in modge podge so they are rounded and shiny. Every tree trunk as well as the grass, and leaves have all been embossed. |
 |
| Each piece of corn has been given yellow glitter, has been stamped, inked and embossed. |
 |
| The barn doors will actually open and close. |
They are so fun to read and look at in person. They are pretty durable as well. I glue the heck out of these things and I use a pretty thick chipboard for the base of each page. The lady that ordered the book chose to do a Gingerbread Man story but we are changing the names so it is personalized to the person it is going to. The little boy is from Canada so I am making the book so it is based in the fall and having a lot of maple leaves on the ground and falling from the trees. I will "carve" the initials of his parent's into the tree as well. Each book is a little expensive but if you saw how much product it takes to make each one, not to mention each book takes me about 12-15 hours to put together you would understand. I have started designing Five Little Speckled Frogs, and Stone Soup I am so excited about how these look in my head. I just wish I had a little more time to devote to them.
Quick story about Conner. I have a little bit of a cold and so I sneezed. Conner looked at me and said, "tissue?" I said, "no, thank you I don't need one." But he went to the bathroom anyway and returned with a single square of toilet paper. He handed it to me and said, "blow."
3 comments:
Becca you are so talented!!! Loooove the books!
I love those books! As soon as I have kids, I'm totally buying one from you.
I think the name is so cute! Same with the book! Good job. I want one too...
Post a Comment