On May 28th Shannon had her three month birthday!
| Big smile. |
| Another big smile. |
Saturday was a fun day. We had a Ferguson family reunion for most of the day and then that night almost all of Steve's brothers and sisters, along with their spouses, went to the ten o'clock movie. Susan (Steve's mom) was so nice and watched all the kids. Luckily they were all in bed at one house, we saw X-Men First Class. I actually liked it, they did a good job. We didn't get home until a little after one in the morning. Then Steve and I got to work making muffins, and cleaning because at nine a.m. we were blessing Shannon. We finally went to bed just after three in the morning and we were up at 6:30 thanks to our children. It was fun having so much of our family sit together at church. Afterwards we had muffins, bagels, fruit and juice at our house. Our great friends Hope and Brandon made it to the blessing and to our house after as well. Hope made Shannon and I matching bracelets for today. She also made Shannon shoes! She is amazingly talented with fabric and I am so grateful to have her as a friend. I really enjoyed all the time with family this weekend.
Update On Shannon
Shannon had her final hearing test a little over a week ago. She was cautiously given a pass. She is just outside of normal on her right ear and barely within normal on her left. The audiologist warned us that she may have some speech development problems and learning development problems later on in life.
![]() |
| Here she is getting one of her ears tested. We were so lucky that Shannon was asleep since she can't really move or make noises in order to do the tests. |
Also last week we were back up at Primary Children's for Shannon's birthmark. It almost has a new layer of skin covering the entire sore. Should only be a couple more weeks at most until it is all the way healed. We will have to keep an eye on it always and use some sort of barrier while she is in diapers. She is such a different baby now. So happy and full of smiles, but she is such a thumb sucker. She sucks her thumb every time she falls asleep. I think it is kind of funny/interesting because I was a major thumb sucker growing up, and now Shannon may be too. She is still going at least 9 hours every night between feedings, I am so blessed.
I also thought I would share a few quarks about myself.
1. I can't share milk. I can share a glass of ice water, and a can of soda but I cannot drink from a cup of milk that someone else has drank out of or try someone's cereal who has already taken a bite.
2. Probably my biggest pet peeve is when people pop their knuckles. Can't stand it, seriously makes me want to have an attack of some kind.





1 comment:
I'm so glad that you invited us. I can't wait to hang out now that we are so close to each other!
Post a Comment