Wednesday, September 7, 2011

update

Shannon cut her first tooth. It came through on Monday, August 15th, which made her 5 1/2 months old. She cut her second tooth on her sixth month birthday, the 28th of August.
Last Sunday while Steve was getting Conner ready for church they were talking about Jesus. Conner then said, "I want to give Jesus a hug. Where is He?" Steve replied that he is in Heaven. Then Conner asked, "Where is Heaven?" Steve then began to explain and all of a sudden Conner looks over and says, "That's a vacuum." We have such small windows to teach.


Shannon arching and looking backwards.


My mom graduated from BYU and received her Bachelor's Degree here are some pictures...


A couple of weekends ago we had a family staycation. Steve took work off on Friday and Monday. Friday, Steve worked at his parent's house in the morning and then I was able to finally get the house looking really nice. Then we went to dinner at Olive Garden, after that, we went to the drive-in with Hope and Brandon. We saw, Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Captain America. Steve's sister, Lisa, slept over at our house and babysat so we wouldn't have to take the kids with us. Saturday we went to the zoo and up Big Cottonwood Canyon and stayed the night with my parents at their campsite. Sunday we woke up and went fishing at Silver Lake by Brighton, we caught four fish. Then we headed back to my parents camp, cleaned up and headed home. Then we went to the Ferguson's for dinner. On Monday we took Conner to Kangaroo Zoo and then went down to Steve's parent's property and let Conner look at the cows and horses. It was an awesome weekend.

Conner loves to shell the nuts for the chipmunks, birds, and squirrels.

After he shells the nuts he places them in a straight line.

Fishing.




Last week I decided I would start to toilet train Conner and really get serious about it. I started on Tuesday and put him in underwear. He made it 2 hours and 40 minutes then he peed in his underwear while we were reading books. I changed him and put him back in a diaper. I didn't try again until Friday. He made it I think 10 hours without any accidents. But then about an hour after I put his diaper on him to go to bed he pooped. I am just grateful he didn't do it in his underwear. Then yesterday I ws being lazy and kept him in his diaper. We were just about to leave to run errands when I looked over at Conner. He had just taken off his clothes and said he wanted to wear big boy underwear. Steve and I thought we would give it a chance. We took along a pair of pants and a diaper and headed to Wal-Mart and a couple other places. We got home 2 hours later and he made it without any accidents. Then today he said he wanted to wear his underwear again. He only made it about 3 hours when he peed. I guess this is normal to have accidents. I really don't know, this whole process is very intimidating.


Shannon loves to be roughed up. That is when she laughs the most.

Shannon trying on the chicken outfit. This was Conner's first Halloween costume. Now look at him...
This is Conner wearing it when he was 7 1/2 months old. On his frist Halloween.

2 comments:

The Hovers said...

Hi Becca! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. I just read yours and I can't believe all the fun stuff YOU are doing! Sewing ADORABLE skirts for one! And the rings are adorable too. The picture of Shannon on her back I seriously thought was a doll. So cute! And I also love how Conner is feeding her - the big brother thing is awesome. :) I would love to go to that boutique in Lindon, I'll try to remember.

lindseyfrancom said...

What a fun weekend! And a big CONGRATULATIONS to you mom! That is so great. Tell her for me :)