Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pushing My Cricut

I told my nephew a year ago that I would make him a Batman themed room, well I finally did it. Thanks to an old friend, Krystal Taylor, who let met borrow her Batman Cartridge.
Batman and Robin are each about 30 inches tall.

I used two different cityscapes to make the background. It is about 35 inches tall and about 11 feet long. 

I love how the brick turned out. I want to do something similar in Conner's room.



I did all of this with my Cricut Expression and three different cartridges. It isn't easy doing it with a Cricut, a lot of piecing. Hopefully one day I will have a big vinyl cutting machine. I have to use my Design Studio and Sure Cuts A Lot as well.

Here is Shannon's room....so far. It isn't finished. 
Besides cleaning up my vinyl mess I have quite a bit more that I want to do. Love my little model. Now you can see how big it is compared to a 3 year old.

I am adding more birds, a quote on the left side of the tree, her name over her bed and we'll see what else.

A few months ago I made these pillows for Shannon's room. I cut a whole bunch of petals out of fleece then sewed everything together and added some stuffing.

As soon as her room is complete I will post final pictures. Then I will move on to Conner's room.

2 comments:

~Hope said...

That turned out SOOO CUTE!! I love it!

Celeste Ferguson said...

Love it! I have got to have you teach me!! :D