8 years ago
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
My Pregnancy
Steve and I went on a date Friday night. While we were sitting at the movies I felt like something was wrong with my pregnancy. I wasn't in a lot of pain but felt if I didn't go to the hospital that it would be irresponsible. So I called the doctor on call and he told me to head over. They hooked me up on monitors and found I was dilated to a 2.5 maybe 3 and that I was having contractions every 4 to 5 minutes. They gave me a steroid shot to help the baby's lungs just in case and then gave me a shot to try and stop my contractions. The shot raised my heart rate to over 150 bpm so they weren't able to give me the second dose. They gave me an alternate drug to try and stop the contractions. Then they drew my blood to check my platelets since that is what caused me to be induced with Shannon at 36 weeks. My platelets came back at 101, if your platelets go below 100 many anesthesiologists will not give you an epidural and you have to have your baby natural. If your platelets are too low than your blood will not clot and getting an epidural could cause you to bleed internally and they wouldn't know and I wouldn't clot. Anyway, 5 hours later we were allowed to leave, it was 2 in the morning. The doctor sent me home with a Rx to take every 6 hours to stop my contractions. On Monday I was in a lot of pain. It felt like I was having a very heavy period with major cramps and pain. I went in to see the doctor and Allen had told the doctor that if I had progressed to a 3 to send me straight over to labor and delivery. Dr. Young checked me and said I was at a 3 but what concerned him more was that my cervix was ready. Sounded like I'll my body needed to do was dilate some more and the baby was ready to come. I headed over to labor and delivery and got hooked up on monitors again. They gave me a heavy dosage of meds to stop the contracting but they were still happening every 8 minutes. I was going nuts. I just wanted to be home and to take care of my kids. I asked Dr. Allen, can I just go home? He said he wanted me to stay 24 hours and then would check me the next day but he would see where my contractions were going. After 6 hours in the hospital my contractions had slowed down enough that he said I could go home but on strict bed rest. So, as of tomorrow I am 33 weeks pregnant. I am to lay in bed for the next 3 weeks only getting up to go to the bathroom and then lay back down. I am on a double dosage of medicine to stop my contractions for the next 3 weeks as well. Once I turn 36 weeks he will take me off my medicine and bed rest and the baby can then come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Oh my gosh, you gave had an insane year! I totally want to bring you dinner. Let me know what night works best and what you want to eat. And don't tell me "no", because it will piss me off.
Oh my-what a nightmare! I"m so sorry Becca. That's so hard, especially when you have 2 other kids that need you I hope you and the baby remain healthy for the next few weeks until delivery. Wish I was there to take your kids to the park and make you dinner.
Becca, wow! You have had quite a year. I think you live in Utah County...wish I was closer to help?
You have horrible pregnancies my dear. I'm so sorry. I wish you well, you are in good hands. Love ya!
Post a Comment