I have made it to 36 weeks, well tomorrow, but close enough. I am having to do another 24 hour urine test and they are testing my platelets again as well. They will get the results back tomorrow and depending on the results there is a chance I will be induced. At my appointment yesterday I was almost a 4 and a little over 90% effaced. This is for sure the most painful pregnancy I have endured. I am very grateful for all the help and offers I have received from everyone.
Today, Shannon and I went up to PCMC. The appointment was a little overwhelming at first because there were four doctors in the exam room with us. An ENT doctor, Dr. Park, a geneticist, Dr. Carey, a pediatrician but I don't remember her name but she is from Italy and an audiologist. There were a few times that Dr. Carey, the geneticist, forgot that I am just a regular Joe and would talk to me with all this medical jargon and then ask if I agreed. Anyway after an hour of us all being together it came down to Shannon needing to get tested for Pendred Syndrome. Hopefully we will have the results of that test back in time for her next appointment which is with the implant team on November 1st. The implant team is going to see if Shannon is a candidate for cochlear implants.
We received such a tender mercy from Heavenly Father this week. Nursery hasn't been easy for Shannon and this week a new nursery leader was called. She is amazing, she was just released from being Relief Society President and the kicker is, she knows sign language. No one knew when she was called that she knew sign. She came over this week and asked if she could put Shannon and Conner in the same nursery, I thought that would be great. In our ward they have a younger nursery and an older nursery. Shannon and Conner will be in the older nursery together. She also asked if she could come Wednesday and take Conner and Shannon to the park so she could start to build a relationship with Shannon. Our family is so looked after.
8 years ago


1 comment:
Thanks for the update. I hope everything went well at your appt today! Hooray for awesome nursery leaders!
Post a Comment