Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Delivery

Got to the hospital on Monday, October 15, at 3:45 pm thinking I am about to be induced for my third delivery. After being hooked up to the monitors I found out I was already in labor. Six hours after getting to the hospital I was ready to push. Only had to push about 3 times and he was here. I felt so accomplished having the baby without being induced because I hadn't experienced that.


First kisses. I was finally able to see and hold my baby right after a delivery. It was so neat to be able to have him set on my belly after he came out.

Eskimo kisses.

First family photo. Only took about 4 tries to get all of us looking at the camera.

It took Conner a few days but Steve helped him to feel comfortable enough to hold Devin.


Shannon's completed room.










Shannon goes back in for surgery on November, 8th for more tubes. On the 19th of November we meet with the implant surgeon and should then be able to schedule the day of her implant surgery. So excited, except her insurance will only pay for one cochlear but we are SO grateful to even have that. The surgery to place one cochlear is between $60,000 and $80,000. Can't wait to hear Shannon speak!

4 comments:

lindseyfrancom said...

Congratulations. I am so glad everything went well with the delivery.
I hope Shannons surgery goes well. You will be in my prayers today. And... Happy birthday.

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Congratulations! He is an adorable addition to your beautiful family. Glad the labor went much better this time! I hope Shannon's surgery goes well-you have a lot going on right now! Super mom!

Kim and Preston said...

Congratulations on your new baby! What a beautiful family you have...Glad things are well. I will look forward to hearing how Shannons surgery goes.

ShaRee said...

So awesome- love the name. Keep us posted on Shannon!