Well, what a day! I had my 38 week appointment today and there was no change, which turned out to be really good because if I had dilated to at least a 3 they were going to strip my membranes. Around 12 o'clock today at work I got a call from Steve. He started by saying, "I've been in an accident, but I am ok. I did lose some teeth though." I asked what had happened and he proceeded to tell me that he had been installing a garage door at work and was throwing away the metal track in the dumpster when the track bounced out of the dumpster and smacked him in the mouth. He had been chewing gum and went to spit it out when clumps of teeth started to come out as well. So, I met him over by Orem Community Hospital and got the workers comp info worked out. Then we went to Lehi to meet with a dentist. After an hour of being there, he sent us to a specialist in Orem because the pink nerve was showing on the outside of the tooth that was pretty much gone. So back to Orem. Two hours, and a root canal later it is decided that he will need a post in that tooth and a crown. The front tooth, next to that one, which is about 1/3 gone needs a veneer and then the other two teeth to the left of the missing tooth both need veneers. Those are fractured on the back side. Tomorrow he goes back to the dentist where they will make impressions and give him a short term tooth till they can put the post and crown on as well as veneer the other teeth. Then my incredible sister-in-law called to say that she was going to make us dinner after our long day. That is the picture above, she made chicken noodle soup, fruit salad, rolls, crackers and sugar free drink mix. We are very blessed to have the family that we have and are so grateful that Steve wasn't more seriously hurt. I just feel so bad for Steve.
7 years ago


2 comments:
Don't worry you will fit right in out here!
Oh no! Poor Steven!! I hope everything is okay now. Clint said your mom called him, but he was afraid to call, incase he needed sleep. Tell him sorry and we hope all is okay. We will keep you in our prayers. I know how uncomfortable you probably are...so hang in there!
Post a Comment