Monday, November 9, 2009

Birthdays All Around

Well my good friend Hope had her birthday back in August but we were never able to get together for it until last Saturday. I wanted to make her a birthday dinner so she and Brandon came out and we had Southwestern Eggrolls, taco soup and Molten Chocolate Cake, yum! Then we played Cranium, thank you for humoring me. Hope made my present for my birthday and did an awesome job.

Conner had his 8 month birthday on Saturday! He is starting to talk more and more this last week. He is usually a pretty silent little boy, but it has been so fun to listen to him. He seems to love getting into the DVD's, I am constantly putting them away. He is also starting to watch TV. He'll sit and watch for probably 3 minutes. We started watching Signing Time DVD's together last week. We borrowed them from my sister. It's great that the whole movie is kids signing, Conner LOVES watching kids so it keeps his attention longer. He doesn't really care about cartoons but he'll stop and watch the TV if there are real people on it. Here is a picture of him watching. I feel like such a bad mom when he watches. I feel like I should be educating and reading to him instead.Today Conner fell some how and his top tooth went through his bottom lip. It bled for quite a while, poor guy. Once it stopped bleeding you could see the exact shape of his tooth in his lip, that side of his lip is totally swollen. Conner has started to play games and close doors. He has shut himself in his bedroom twice, but he doesn't seem to care. The last time I walked in their a minute later and he was off playing with something else. I'll open it back up and he'll close it again. The games that he has started to play are a little frustrating but still make you laugh. So changing diapers are the most difficult thing right now, he does not want to hold still. Last week on two separate occasions I was changing a messy diaper, while I was rolling up the messy diaper he quickly rolls over and start crawling away at higher than normal speeds. Then he starts giggling and squealing, and then he'll glance over his shoulder to see if I am coming. One of the times he still had poo up his back side while he was crawling away and the other time he kept crawling while he glanced over his shoulder and wasn't paying attention to where he was going by the time he looked forward again he ran smack into the vacuum. I couldn't help but laugh. It has been over a month since Conner has had baby food, he eats whatever we eat and it has been so nice. Except he seems to swallow a lot of the food whole. We had taco soup the other night and the next morning when I changed his diaper it was so gross it looked like someone had dumped the taco soup into his diaper, whole pieces of beans and corn. Ewe. I can give him half of a graham cracker and he'll take bites off of it until it is all gone, without choking. I think that is all the updates on Conner. Oh yeah, one more, this makes Conner smile and laugh without fail every time. Steve will hold him up in the air and jiggle him.
Sunday was my 26th birthday! Man I feel old. Sunday morning Steve got up with Conner and let me sleep. By the time I woke up he was putting Conner down for his morning nap so I got to stay in bed until 9:45. That night we went to my mom and dad's and she made me my birthday dinner and cheesecake. Debbie and her family came and after we ate we played Cranium. Then we stopped by Steve's parent's house and said hi for a little while. I borrowed a few puzzles from my mom and I can't wait to start them tonight after Conner goes to bed. Here is a picture of Conner and me on my birthday. I really don't like this picture of me but I wanted a picture of the two of us.
Steve got me the program Sure Cuts A Lot for my birthday, I am so excited to get some time to sit down and really use it.

2 comments:

Stef said...

Grr, I am so mad at myself that I forgot your birthday. I was even going to call you yesterday and I completely spaced it. Happy birthday, anyway!

lindseyfrancom said...

Glad you had a good birthday- what's a sure cuts a lot? Love the shake and laugh thing- so cute!