Sunday, December 12, 2010

Random Thoughts

Me sitting in the family room talking to Conner who is in the kitchen: "Conner what are you doing?"
Conner: "I'm in the kitchen."

Me: "What is on your nose?"
Conner: "A booger."

Every time Conner yawns he says, "I'm tired."

Whenever I change a dirty diaper Conner just says, "Ew, ew, ew, ew." The whole time.
and lastly,
Standing in line at Wal-Mart waiting to check out, Conner declares to everyone around him, "I have gas."

He cracks me up! I also have a very exciting lunch/dinner idea to share with you if you are wanting to watch your carbs. Instead of using bread for a sandwich use, Eggo brand Nutri Grain Whole Wheat frozen waffles. 2 waffles have 23 carbs compared to 2 pieces of regular wheat bread which has 40. The dietitian that I saw isn't making me count condiments or nonstarchy vegetables which is nice because before I had to count every little thing that went into my mouth. Anyway back to this sandwich, then spread a smidgen of ranch and mustard. Slice up some avocado, cucumbers, and place some fresh mushrooms on the sandwich, then add turkey and bacon. SO good and the only carbs I have to count are the waffles. 23 carbs for that much food, that is amazing. I get full when I eat but lately I haven't felt satisfied after I eat. This definitely satisfied. You could even add a pickle on the side which doesn't have any carbs. I just found 18 new carb friendly recipes. I will post the recipes as I try them if they are any good.

If you would like to try a low carb diet, this is what I have to do. It isn't bad if you like protein, which I am not a big fan of. I don't like, cheese or tuna fish, and meat, well a little goes a long way. I am a carbaholic. Anyway here you go:

40 carbs for breakfast
wait two hours to eat
15 carb snack
wait two hours to eat
60 carb lunch
wait two hours to eat
15 carb snack
wait two hours to eat
60-75 carbs for dinner (If I have potatoes I can only have 60 carbs, my blood sugar doesn't go down with potatoes)
wait two hours to eat
15 carb snack before bed
wait two hours to eat then test and go to bed.

I am very lucky and am allowed higher carb amounts than a lot of other pregnant women. Give it a try, it just takes a bit of planning.

1 comment:

lindseyfrancom said...

Thanks for the help.. definitely post those other recipes! I need this!