Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Thoughts

Thursday night Conner came into our room in the middle of the night; he has a cold. I picked him up and brought him back to his bed. I layed down next to him to cuddle him for a little while and I ended up falling asleep next to him. I woke up at some point and was about to get out of his bed and go back to mine when Conner says, "thanks for taking care of me mom." I just about teared up and decided to sleep next to him the rest of the night.

Some things that I learned this week that I thought I would write down so I wouldn't forget.
 1. What other people think of me is none of my business. (It is ok that not everyone likes me. It is ok for everyone to have their opinion but it is none of my business what they think of me. It is my business how someone treats me but not how they think of me.)
2. "That will do" (Nothing has to be perfect.)
3. The words should, ought, and have to are all cousins. Replace those words with, what is in my best interest. When we tell ourselves that we should, or feel like we have to do something we usually don't want to because our agency has been taken away. We all want to choose for ourselves. If I substitute, Oh, I have to go somewhere or do something with, is it in my best interest? It gives us our choice back and makes things a little easier.

3 comments:

Kim and Preston said...

Those are all very thought provoking. Thank you Becca for writting them and letting me read those. They are definately something I want to apply.

The Hovers said...

Good thoughts Becca!! I especially like the "that will do" and that we shouldn't care what others think of us. And btw, a lot of Anna's clothes are just from Target! It seems like I can always find a few outfits that I just love.

Stef said...

Amen! I like all of those!