Monday, November 21, 2011

Finally a post!

 Conner, Steve, and my brother-in-law Donny, out working on our van.

 Conner came in the house grabbed his stool and was trying to carry it down the stairs to take it outside. I took it part way for him then he carried it and put it in front of the van and climbed up. He HAD to help work on the van. Steve had to take him down out of the engine a couple of times because he was trying to reach anything he thought he could use the screw driver on.
I saw this picture on pinterest and really liked it. Then I thought, I already have a lot of this stuff around my house, or in boxes so I started to pull it all together.
Below is what my entry table looked like before I redid it.
Kind of boring.
But I saw a how to make homemade decorative balls on pinterest. Steve was given a bunch of softballs and baseballs from a customer about a year ago and they have been sitting in a box ever since. I took four of them and used twine and fabric that I already had at my house and turned them into these....



 I lucked out because the week I got the itch to do this was the week of my birthday and my mother-in-law happened to give me a gift certificate to Hobby Lobby.
I bought these candlesticks at Hobby Lobby. They were the cheapest and ugliest ones and they were 50% off. I grabbed a can of spray paint while I was there and turned them from a golden brown color to this pebble color.

This was it part way through. I decided to put that sign on the bottom back where it originally was on different wall. To make the wreath I took a wire hanger that I had, bent it into a circular shape, and then I took some fabric that I had sitting around and cut it into strips. Then I just tied the fabric in a knot around the hanger. I used the same fabric to hang the picture frames. Everything here besides the candlesticks, star, and the tray holding the balls I bought within the first year and a half of my marriage. And the gift certificate took care of most of the rest.
Steve thought it needed a little color. So I got that blue bird at Hobby Lobby, I had those flowers in my kitchen which I had purchased at the dollar store back in April. I was given that copper planter as a gift a few years ago, the plate was on top of the table originally holding the candles. Then I found those suitcases at the DI for $1.50 each, and I spray painted them. I also changed out the knobs, got those at Hobby Lobby. The suitcases aren't really that bright, I think the flash must have hit them just right. I am going to cut out a word with my cricut using vinyl and place it on the plate. I am still trying to decide if I want to add twigs to the bar at the top because it looks a little bare and then I will be done. I like it a lot more than the original, see:

My boys watching football.

My sweet girl, Shannon.`


Found Conner in Shannon's crib playing.


 Here is a brief description of what we have been up to. On November 8th I celebrated my 28th birthday! Steve surprised me with flowers and then we dropped the kids off at my parents and went to dinner and a movie. We saw, The Help, it was good but a lot more dramatic than I thought it was going to be. I was thinking it was a light hearted movie. Anyway, Shannon has been doing her own kind of crawl now for about a month. She gets up on all fours, rocks back and forth than lunges forward, then she gets back up on all fours, rocks back and forth and lunges forward again. I don't know if she'll ever do a normal crawl. She is also starting to get upset when she wants something and doesn't get it, like regular food. She wants every one's food. Steve reminds me that she is definitely my daughter, food makes her happy. Today, November 20th, is our 7 year wedding anniversary. It has gone by way fast.
I decorated a onsie for Shannon to wear on Thanksgiving.

No comments: