Thursday, July 9, 2009

Latest and Greatest

Conner had his four month appointment on Tuesday and everything is looking great. He weighed 14.7 lbs which puts him in the 43rd percentile and he is 25 1/4" long and that puts him in the 64th percentile. The last couple of weeks Conner just hasn't been himself. He isn't talking as much or smiling as much either; I have really missed it. He has had a cold the last week and a half so his coughing would wake him up in the night and during the day he hasn't been getting any long naps. Well, last night we fed him cereal with a spoon for the first time. He had no idea what to do with it. We would put the food in his mouth and he would stick his tongue out a little as if he was getting ready to suck on the bottle. He pushed out a ton of the food but he did get some of it down. He ate at about 6:15 last night. Then we played with him and I gave him a bath and he was asleep by 8:30. He didn't wake up until 6:15 am. HE WENT 12 HOURS BETWEEN FEEDINGS AND DIDN'T WAKE UP ONCE IN THE NIGHT!!! I fell asleep around 10:45 and slept until 6:15, so why am I still tired? This morning I got my Conner back. He has been talking up a storm and smiling. After he woke up I fed him and then laid him on a blanket downstairs. I came back upstairs to lay by Steve for a couple more minutes. I could hear him talking from all the way downstairs, it was great. Here is our video of Conner's first time eating cereal with a spoon.


It's funny when I feed him with the bottle. As I get near his mouth with it he opens his mouth really big and then it is a race to see what is going to get inside his mouth first, the bottle or his fist. On the right I've started putting a picture of him from each of his birthdays. He only changed from the first to the second photo and now he looks the same every month.

No comments: