Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend Review

Thursday afternoon I went into the kitchen to get my phone to call my sister. I left Conner on the floor on his back. I was on the phone for only a couple of minutes and then I walked back in the family room. I started yelling while on the phone with my sister, "he rolled over, he rolled over." Conner was now on his stomach. I know it sounds silly but I almost started to cry I was so disappointed that I had missed my sons first mile stone. He did such a great thing and know one was there to watch him. So I felt like I let my son down again. If anyone read my blog a couple of weeks ago Conner did a back flip off my bed and landed on his stomach, yeah I deserve a blue ribbon. Anyway I carried my camera around with me the rest of the day on Thursday waiting for him to roll over again from his back to his stomach but he never did. But I was able to see him roll over today from his back to his stomach twice. Steve hasn't seen him do this he has been busy helping his brother with his yard. Tonight he is even sleeping over there because the cement is coming at 6:30 am and they didn't finish working till late tonight. So I treated myself to McDonald's and I rented a movie from RedBox. I watched New In Town. It was cute, kind of had a lot of swearing for a PG movie.
Friday night went fine with Conner he did wake up at 4:00 am because he rolled over and woke himself up. Saturday morning my mom and I went shopping. I had a store credit at Kohl's. I ended up getting a new pair of pants, a pair of short capri things, a shirt and an outfit for Conner. Most of it was all on their clearance racks. Then I went to Old Navy and bought two pairs of flip flops, brown and turquoise. Flip flops will definitely put a smile on my face. That and newly painted toe nails. Saturday night we went on a family date. It was so fun and rejuvenating being together as a family. We went to Texas Road House where we happened to see Dustin Thacker and his new wife. Conner did really well at the restaurant. Then we went to Wal-Mart, which is one of my favorite stores. I got a rolling pin and a new cutting board! I was so excited. New flip flops, a rolling pin and a cutting board. You wouldn't think that it could get any better but it did. I have mentioned a few times how one of my favorite things is to read to Conner; well I got 3 new books for him as well!! Green Eggs and Ham, Are You My Mother and Brown Bear Brown Bear. I read them to him this morning when he woke up. He did a new cute thing while I was reading. He looked at my mouth reached up his hand and put it in my mouth. He did this three times, I started to laugh.

Steve tried to make Conner look like a brown bear.
Sunday afternoon we laid out on a blanket in the backyard. To keep Conner cool we sprayed him with a spray bottle. He is doing this new funny thing where he sucks his top lip in. He'll do this while we are driving or whenever. Pretty funny.

Sunday night we went to my sister Debbie's house and had dinner and a game night. Guess what we had for dinner. BBQ nachos.

1 comment:

Celeste Ferguson said...

He's getting so big! We love Brown Bear, Brown Bear!