Sunday, August 9, 2009

Weekend Review

I was doing so well after Conner was born with my eating. It helped a lot having gestational diabetes because I had to be so careful with my eating. So after he was born I didn't crave the sweets or a lot of carbs even a little was too much. But I slowly have gone back to my old ways of eating and looking back at this weekend all I remember eating is junk. I gained 20 lbs while pregnant with Conner and a week and a half after I had him I had lost 28 lbs. I have since in the last couple of months gained about 6 pounds back. So I really need to dedicate myself and start working out. I have to break the barrier of, "I would rather take a nap than work out." I know I would be so much happier and have a lot more energy. Just do it! Anyway back to my weekend. We did do a few things between eating all the junk. Friday we dipped oreos in chocolate, as well as pretzels and then we drizzled caramel over the pretzels, and had a frozen pizza for dinner. Saturday morning we went fishing up at Silver Lake Flats. Our sister in law Amber went with us with her four kids. It was really cold and windy which made it a little challenging with Conner. Steve and the kids did catch 3 fish so that was great.
Steve and Conner fishing.After that we headed down to Springville to try some custard that Steve really liked. Then we got home and rested till it was time to go to the drive in. We invited our friends Hope and Brandon to come with us. We saw GI Joe and Transformers 2. I liked GI Joe. Anyway I was trying to be good and I brought watermelon and canteloupe to the movies. Hope was very thoughtful and brought each of us a snickers and popcorn. Needless to say I didn't eat the fruit. Maybe that 6 pounds has gone up to 8 after this weekend. Oh yeah today we made churros. I told Steve we need to throw away our vegetable oil. What healthy recipe calls for it?
Look how good he is getting at sitting up.

1 comment:

lindseyfrancom said...

I need to get back on track too- it is sooo hard!