Well Friday started out really nice, Shannon woke up happy and Conner slept in a little. I was able to get going on chores without a lot of interruptions. Then later on I was in my bedroom on the phone when Conner starts to cry pretty hard. I get off the phone to check on him. I found him in the family room and there is a lot of blood on his mouth and face. I grab him and start hugging him to try and calm him down so I can take a look and ask what happened. He had somehow hit his lip on the corner of the entry way table. He busted it open pretty bad and was bleeding a lot. My shoulder was covered in blood and soaked all the way through my garments. Luckily my mom wasn't at work and the hospital that we have to go to is right by her house, so she met us there and took Shannon for me. Conner was acting normal by this point but every now and then would say his lip hurt. After two hours in the ER we left. Conner had to get 5 stitches and was a total champ through the process. I was so proud of him. It was a little tough for the doctor to stitch up with it being on the colored part of the lip and with it being in the shape of a V. They covered Conner's face with a cloth while they were stitching him up. Once they were finished they lifted up the cloth and Conner said he had been hiding.
After that it was time for my girls night with my mom and sister, Debbie. We went to Chili's
and then played some miniature golf at Trafalga. I don't know if I have ever played mini golf with my sister or my mom but we had fun. Always nice to go out together. My dad was watching Shannon and Conner for a little while until Steve was able to get off work. During dinner my dad called my mom and said, "I don't know what to do for this little girl." He couldn't get her to stop crying. Sorry dad, thanks for helping.
and then played some miniature golf at Trafalga. I don't know if I have ever played mini golf with my sister or my mom but we had fun. Always nice to go out together. My dad was watching Shannon and Conner for a little while until Steve was able to get off work. During dinner my dad called my mom and said, "I don't know what to do for this little girl." He couldn't get her to stop crying. Sorry dad, thanks for helping.
Last Friday we took Shannon to her first drive-in movie. We were pretty nervous that she was going to cry the whole time but she was wonderful. She actually ended up sleeping the entire time. Conner was a different story. We had gone to the drive-in to see Rio, and Hop. Conner loves movies, he would watch movies all day long if you let him and he has been to the drive-in about 4 times before this and has always fallen asleep during the first movie. Not this time. Conner just wanted to drive the Jeep the whole time, so we were constantly fighting him from going to the front, which is where Shannon was sleeping. Anyway we could not get Conner to settle down or fall asleep. The second movie ended at one a.m. and Conner was still awake. We started to drive home and no joke, a minute later he was asleep. He won't be going to anymore drive-ins for awhile.
Found this on Tip Junkie's website and I thought it was pretty cute.
For mother's day Steve got me fabric cutting scissors, rotary cutting knife, and scissor sharpeners. I was really excited about this because I am having so much fun making bows and flowers for hair and clothes. But let me warn you about rotary knives....they are SHARP.
As soon as the knife slipped I applied pressure and put on two band-aids, but this thing would not stop bleeding. Then two days later I cut myself again, this time on my pointer finger. I am now A LOT more careful.





3 comments:
Sheesh. You guys are having one thing after another....
um, ouch! That looks like bad luck with owies at your house this week! Hope you two heal well.
wow sounds like a dangerous week for you guys!
Post a Comment