Wednesday, May 25, 2011

More of what Conner says and does....

If only my children had a 1/3 of the mother that they deserve. My heart is so full of the love I have for my children. They are so incredible in so many ways. When we are taught to be as a child I never fully understood it until I was able to see first hand how amazing children are. Conner is so quick to forgive and to love. This afternoon we were cuddling and he lays his head on me and says, "I love you so much." That had to be one of the best feelings in the world. But how quickly I forget about what truly matters. Tonight Conner kept getting out of bed. I even kept him from taking a nap today so he would go to bed early. I lost my patience and yelled at Conner a few times. It scared him and he started to cry. I asked Steve to come in from working outside and get Conner down since I had allowed myself to get so frustrated. While I was in doing dishes Conner comes out of his room and tells me he is sorry. I was the one that needed to apologize. I went into his room a little later and asked if I could cuddle him. He said yes and as soon as I laid down he put his arm around me and said, "I love you so much." It is amazing how quick kids are to forgive and completely forget. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has allowed me to raise a couple of His incredible children. I remember reading in the Ensign months and months ago that said, “Never forget that these little ones are the sons and daughters of God and that yours is a custodial relationship to them, that He was a parent before you were parents and that He has not relinquished His parental rights or interest in these His little ones. … Rear your children in love, in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Take care of your little ones. Welcome them into your homes, and nurture and love them with all of your hearts. They may do, in the years that come, some things you would not want them to do, but be patient, be patient. You have not failed as long as you have tried” (“Words of the Living Prophet,” Liahona, May 1998, 26–27; “Excerpts from Recent Addresses of President Gordon B. Hinckley,” Ensign, July 1997, 73).


Now it has been a few days so obviously Conner has gotten into something and today it was my makeup. I was really tired today and had a bad headache so I decided to lay down and take a nap. I knew Shannon was safe in her bed and Conner was in front of a movie so I figured everything was safe. After I woke up I found Conner with all of my makeup on the couch.
Hard to tell but Conner has lip gloss, base, and who knows what else.





Conner has a huge obsession with trucks. He loves to ride in trucks and points them out while we drive. Last night Conner came up to me and informed me that we need to buy a truck. I am sure Steve encouraged him. I told Conner that he needed to save his money and then he could buy a truck. Then this morning Conner comes up to me with some coins in his hand that he had taken off of the kitchen table and said, save money, buy truck. I said, yep, save your money and you can buy a truck. He stood there and repeated, save money, buy truck, just like Lance's. Lance's truck is Conner's favorite because he can watch movies in it. He then said, kisses, buy truck. Meaning he wanted a kiss because he was going to leave to go buy a truck. Then he came over to me gave me a kiss then said, put shoes on, buy truck. I asked him if I could count his money, he had 27 cents. He now puts all his money in a drawer in his room.

2 comments:

Kim and Preston said...

Wow Becca...you have your hands full! Looks like kids are fun. I love his idea of saving money to buy a truck.

coleman said...

Becca...you are so incredible! Thank you for sharing what you did. Kids can be so challenging but are truly angles. You worded it so well when you said they forgive so easily and so fully. It is always good to be reminded of the important things in life.