Monday, July 6, 2009

Let Freedom Ring

For our 4th of July weekend we went camping. We left Thursday night and got home Saturday night. It was really nice; great weather. Conner had a little bit of a hard time keeping cool during the hotter hours of the day. We tried a few different things to help him out. We would get him completely naked and then get one of his blankets wet and then wrap him up in that. We also just let him be naked and sit on our laps. My mom got peed on quite a few times but it helped the heat rash to go away. The last thing that we did was empty out one of our totes and filled it up with water to give him a little bath. He seemed to enjoy that.
We took Steve's uncle's horses with us, and a couple 4-wheelers. My parents also joined us for the weekend, it was really nice. Steve and I hadn't gone on a horse ride in such a long time. The next day my back hurt so bad; I guess from bouncing so much. On Friday Lance, Amber and their kids joined us for part of the day and on Saturday Steve's parents as well as his sister Becca joined us for the day. Our dog Copper seemed to really enjoy it as well.

Camping is the only time Copper gets human food. Even then it's only if we have leftovers. But he loves it!

Steve and my dad on Uncle Mike's horses.

Conner staying in the shade, holding the umbrella.

Conner after his bath.

My sweet boys.


Rice cereal is the best thing ever!!! Last week I got a little antsy and started Conner a week early with rice cereal. I guess you are suppose to wait until they are 4 months. Anyway, Conner goes to bed at 8 o'clock and at about 10 o'clock we wake him up to eat rice cereal in his bottle of formula. He doesn't actually wake up all the way his eyes don't usually open and once he is done eating he sleeps until 6 o'clock. Hallelujah. Last night we put him down a little late, he ate his rice cereal and went to sleep around nine and slept until 5:45. Some people really get sad seeing their baby get big but I love it. Conner found his feet last week. It is so cute when he is laying on his back and he grabs his feet and brings them up to his face.

Another exciting thing happened this week, someone came to look at our house! I don't even mind if they don't put an offer in, I'm just glad we had someone look at it so quickly.

I still don't know what is up with my blog. When I used to post a picture the actual picture showed up where I was typing now it is just a bunch of mumbo jumbo. And it isn't letting me center my text. Does anyone else have the same problem?

1 comment:

Celeste Ferguson said...

I love that you bathed him in a toilet! :) That's so cute!!! Glad you guys had fun!