Yesterday morning Steve and two of his brother's headed up to West Canyon for the opening day. They postponed opening day in that area until yesterday. Anyway Lance and Steve each had a tag, they left around 5:30 am and shot their deer around 3:00 pm. The two deer were right by each other. Here are the pics.
The poor things.
Steve also recorded the whole gutting process of the deer but I decided not to post that. I am just grateful that they are going to jerky them. I love the sweet and spicy jerky from Ford's; that is the only way I'll eat deer, otherwise it is gross.
Conner is pulling himself up in the standing position with anything he can grab. He's used the laundry basket, the tub, the table, the couch, a stool as well as me. I can't tell if he is trying to stand up on his own or what but every now and then you can find him in an upside down V shape. I just had to stop him from eating my shoes. Seriously, they can't taste good. Conner loves what I call, human food. He'll act hungry and so I'll give him a bottle and he'll eat a couple of ounces and then be done with it and start playing with something. If I try to give him regular food at that point he'll eat a lot. He also prefers regular cups to his bottle. Steve had a great idea to help him learn how to drink from a regular cup. Give him a drinking cup when he is in the bathtub. Then it wouldn't matter if he spilled every time. I would just have to fill it up with clean water every time he wanted to drink. Ew, drinking your own bath water, especially when they pee in there, yuck. Steve use to tease me because if I saw Conner pee in the tub I'd have to drain all the water and fill it with clean water. Some people say urine is sterile and the baby doesn't care. Well I say, would you want to drink your own pee? Now Steve gives him clean water to wash him after Conner has had time to play.
Did you notice Picky Palate's recent post? I am making those this weekend. Roasted Apples N' Cream Caramel Brownies. Oh yeah! I'll let you know how they taste.

Conner is pulling himself up in the standing position with anything he can grab. He's used the laundry basket, the tub, the table, the couch, a stool as well as me. I can't tell if he is trying to stand up on his own or what but every now and then you can find him in an upside down V shape. I just had to stop him from eating my shoes. Seriously, they can't taste good. Conner loves what I call, human food. He'll act hungry and so I'll give him a bottle and he'll eat a couple of ounces and then be done with it and start playing with something. If I try to give him regular food at that point he'll eat a lot. He also prefers regular cups to his bottle. Steve had a great idea to help him learn how to drink from a regular cup. Give him a drinking cup when he is in the bathtub. Then it wouldn't matter if he spilled every time. I would just have to fill it up with clean water every time he wanted to drink. Ew, drinking your own bath water, especially when they pee in there, yuck. Steve use to tease me because if I saw Conner pee in the tub I'd have to drain all the water and fill it with clean water. Some people say urine is sterile and the baby doesn't care. Well I say, would you want to drink your own pee? Now Steve gives him clean water to wash him after Conner has had time to play.
Did you notice Picky Palate's recent post? I am making those this weekend. Roasted Apples N' Cream Caramel Brownies. Oh yeah! I'll let you know how they taste.



3 comments:
Yes, thanks for not posting the whole gutting thing. :) Cute background.
Yeah, the pee thing kind of grosses me out as well. The brownies look divine, though. I got 2 crockpot soup recipes from Cindy for broccoli cheese and bean and ham if you want either of those.
My husband is jealous, he didn't have any luck :(
Post a Comment