Monday, December 14, 2009

Two Words, Chef Boyardee

I have been trying to come up with food ideas for Conner when there aren't leftovers from the night before. A couple of months ago we bought chicken nuggets and burritos for Conner. He is about out so it was time to get more food. I went wandering down the soup section and found a couple of things and then turned the corner to find, Chef Boyardee. They have canned macaroni and cheese, mini ravioli's, spaghetti and meatballs, lasagna, macaroni and ground beef, and more. All canned. So I felt guilty loading my shopping cart, wondering what the people around me thought of me as a mom feeding my child all this canned processed food. But man is it a lifesaver. It is so nice to not have to make a full on meal for Conner. I love being able to just open a can. Even better it takes him a few meals to finish off the can, which makes each meal 20-30 cents. Can't beat that.
So I know I am jumping the gun by two and a half months but I already know what I would like to do for Conner's first birthday. I am going to have a cupcake party. I saw the cutest cupcakes on Picky Palates website. Here is a pic.All she did was make up a yellow cake mix, divided into 5 bowls and died each bowl a different color. Then she plopped some from each bowl into the cupcake pan. Aren't they adorable? I thought I could have different cupcakes and different kinds of frosting for people to choose from. I am so excited. March is also Steve's birthday. He has said that for his birthday he would like the three of us to get away for the weekend, without our phones. We drove through Jackson Hole a few months ago on our way home from Yellowstone and thought it looked so fun. So we thought maybe we could go there. We haven't decided for sure but it will definitely be relaxing.
I keep a couple of toys in Conner's crib so when he wakes up he can keep himself occupied for a while. He does really well with that, you never know what time he actually wakes up. Now when he is awake in his crib he enjoys throwing the toys out of the crib and onto the floor. Funny kid.

2 comments:

coleman said...

Hey Becca! How have you been? Cooper is still struggling with eating but he is getting better. He will eat puffs, bread, and baby biscuits now with no problems but he has a really hard time with the stage 3 foods. Those carrot chunks make him gag every time. Did you just keep feeding them to Conner until he got used to it? It makes me so nervous. Cooper is exactly at the same point as Conner when it comes to walking. He stands up to everything and walks across the furniture but he wont do it on the floor without finger to hold onto. I totally count on the standing thing too. He can stand for about 9 one thousands but if there is another kid or something distracting him, hew will stand for a couple of minutes until he realizes no one is holding him and he sits down. I can't wait for Cooper to walk either. It is fun that we have kids so close in age. :)

Celeste Ferguson said...

don't feel guilty! everyone feeds there kids that. :)