Monday, January 25, 2010

Random Thoughts

So I like the Harry Potter movies. I am not a fanatic by any means but I enjoy watching them. I thought it would be so fun to have a little Harry Potter party. Where I could make treats and things and name them what they are named in the movie and watch one of the movies. Sound dorky? Kind of, but it also sounds fun.
Conner is slowing gaining confidence with his walking. Yesterday he walked toward me stopped and stood there, then started walking towards me again, stopped, then started again, then fell. He walked a few feet. He is letting go of furniture and walking to another piece of furniture more and more. It is really fun. Church on the other hand is not so fun. We go from 1 to 4. Man, that is such a hard time. Yesterday, we had to wake him up from his nap to go and then he was so fussy during sacrament. I felt like everyone was watching us. I spent most of the time out in the foyer, which didn't help because there was a wheel chair that he just had to have. Steve and I get so worried about forming bad habits right now. We know his is only 10 months but I feel like I should be doing something to prep him. This week we sat on the last cushion bench so there wasn't anyone behind us for him to watch that may have been part of it, as well as getting woken up. Any suggestions on what I should be doing now to help him when he is a little older?

1 comment:

Celeste Ferguson said...

1-4 is so hard!!!! I think little boys have a hard time with attention spans. ALTHOUGH,he is still young enough right now--I wouldn't worry too much. I am still trying to figure out how to get my kids to sit reverantly. I think it will come. As they get older, and as we keep going, and trying. Don't feel bad...we are all there. :) I love the Harry Potter Party, I have seen some cute activities done with that theme...so let me know if you want ideas. :)