Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Steve and I both asked each other today what made the weekend so good. It's not like we did anything extremely fun but it was such a wonderful weekend. I feel like everything is perfect. Don't you love when you have moments that feel like that? Well, on Friday Steve took Conner for a few hours and I went shopping at Kohl's. It was so much fun taking all the time I wanted, wandering around looking at everything. I got two way cute shirts that will work while I am pregnant and when I am not. Then I went to Sonic and sat in my car and ate. Once again I took all the time I wanted. It was lovely. Then I came home to an empty house got in some comfy clothes and started a chick flick. Steve and Conner got home around 9:30 and the three of us just wrestled on the floor and played. Saturday we had breakfast at the Ferguson's and Steve's sister, Eileen, announced she was engaged. Congrats! Then we spent the rest of the day outside in the backyard, had a BBQ. On Monday we went up to Deer Creek, had lunch, Steve and his little sister fished. Conner LOVED the water. I thought it was freezing. Conner just walked right in until the water was at his ankles, stood there for a minute then sat right down in the water. He sat there for about 5 minutes while the waves washed up on him. They hit him at his chest. It was as if the waves weren't even coming he was concentrating on picking up the rocks around him. I was so bummed I forgot my camera. The only reason he got out of the water was because it was time to leave.
Conner has started doing something new this week. He says, "All done." I love it. He says it in this high pitched voice and kind of drags it on. Like, allllll dooonnnneee. He doesn't say it all the time but it is nice to ask him a question and get an answer.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

yay!! I'm soooo glad you are doing good! sounds like a great weekend!