So today I realized that my garments had felt a little damp for a couple of days. I called the nurse to see if there was a way to tell if I was leaking fluid or urine. She said not really, you need to come in for the test. I debated it and thought it would be a waste of everyone's time if I went in, then the nurse said it was better to just check, so I made the appointment and went in. Dr. Parker saw me and did the swab, this was his response, "Well, that looks positive, that's not good." Then he tells me he will do another test. He did another test then had to look at it under the microscope. That test was negative. He said that they could have false positives as well as false negatives so he still was definitive. He grabbed the ultrasound machine and saw that I still have a lot of amniotic fluid. Then he tells me, "In my heart of hearts I think you have ruptured your membranes. Tell me what your days look like." I told him I just take care of a two year old all day. He told me I needed to take it easy, get off my feet. Then we started to talk about the baby. He told me how it is such a tough decision to know whether to take the baby right now, which would probably end up with a c-section or to risk the baby and myself getting an infection because my water is broken. He almost sent me to the hospital to do one more test called an amniosure, it is a new test that would tell them for sure if my water had indeed broken. He decided since I am leaking such a little amount to give me two more days and then repeat the test in the clinic on Thursday. If the test in positive on Thursday I will be admitted into the hospital and put on bed rest, the baby would then be continually monitored to make sure she doesn't get an infection. He said it is hard to know what to do because both choices have such high risks. Take the baby now and it might not survive, let the baby stay and there is a chance of us getting an infection and he said that would really not be good. Dr. Parker goes out of town this week so he is having me see Dr. Allen on Thursday for the tests. So if you don't mind would you pray that my baby will be ok? Dr. Parker said that it is possible for my body to seal itself up again, he said it won't heal but it can seal up. I am anxious for Thursday to see what the tests say. I am sure that the test will be negative and my body will have stopped leaking, but still it'll be good to hear Dr. Allen say for sure that the baby can stay and have more time to develop. I will be 32 weeks at that appointment.
7 years ago


5 comments:
I will pray for you & your baby! Good luck and hang in there!
I am SOOO glad you came in! See it wasn't a waste of time. For sure I will pray!
Oh my goodness. You call me or text me and let me know first thing. Please. If you need help with Conner or anything over the next little bit. I will be praying for sure! We love you...
I will pray for you Becca and your baby. What a tough place.
How nerve racking! Sorry you have to go through this. You're in my prayers! Keep us posted.
Post a Comment