Sunday, July 17, 2011

Toilet Training

Right before Shannon was born Conner had a huge interest in using the toilet, but I didn't encourage it. After Shannon was born he seemed to lose all interest in it. But we bought some M & Ms and reminded him that he could have some if he used the toilet. Well last week he pooped in the toilet once, and peed in the toilet quite a few times in order to get M & Ms. Two of the mornings he woke up with a really dry diaper and asked to pee first thing. I just barely walked by the bathroom and found Conner putting his toilet seat on top of the toilet. As soon as he saw me he said, "poop in the toilet, get M & Ms." I took off his diaper and sat him up there thinking nothing was going to happen but to my surprise he pooped. But he has again lost interest.

More of what Conner says and does...

-Shannon was fusing and Conner went up to her and said, "It's ok Shannon, Conner's got you."
-If he every walks in on Steve or me using the bathroom he asks us if we peed or pooped in the toilet then he will clap his hands together and said, "Good job, you get M & Ms."
-I was making pancakes the other morning and Conner was standing next to me on his stool when he all of a sudden he started patting my back and said, "I'm so proud of you."
-His favorite expression right now is, "I'll keep it safe." Whether it is a toy, food or you, he will keep it safe.

As soon as I am not lazy I will post a bunch of pictures and videos of what we have been up to.

No comments: