Friday, March 27, 2009

I Can Do This (Maybe)

Today Conner had to go back to the pediatrician because he didn't weigh enough at his 2 week appointment. I am happy to announce that he gained a 1/2 pound since Monday so he is in the clear. Also today, while I was feeding Conner I must have over fed him because he had already taken 3 oz. so I waited a couple minutes to see if he would take more and so I put the bottle back into his mouth and he threw up, I'm guessing an ounce. So, ta da, for the first time I gave Conner a bath by myself. I know that probably sounds pretty pathetic but either Steve and I have done it together or Steve has just done it himself. But I think I am starting to get a little routine going on which is making life a little easier. I have to say, I know I've only been a mom for 3 weeks and I haven't experienced really anything yet, but I now realize how hard moms really do work, and I am sure in a few more months and years that realization will only become greater.

1 comment:

coleman said...

Amen to momhood being hard! It is definitely challenging. I am glad that Conner is doing better. He is seriously so cute. He has the cutest eyes. I can't believe how much he looks like Steve.