7 years ago
Saturday, July 2, 2011
Journal
I was put on anti-depressants shortly after Shannon was born. I had a very difficult time with post partum depression with Conner and my doctor saw signs and didn't want me to wait as long to be put on them after Shannon. I hate being on anti depressants. I feel so weak. Why can't I be strong enough on my own? It is ridiculous why can't I fight it? I don't have insurance and so I had to switch my anti depressants to a different kind a couple of months ago. My new meds made me so sick. I felt like I was stuck in my first trimester of pregnancy. I would wake up soaking wet every morning from sweating, and I was nauseous all day. It has been almost a week since I have taken a pill. I could not go on feeling so sick everyday. Now I am a mess. This last week my emotions have been the biggest roller coaster. Why can't I just suck it up and act how I know I am suppose to act. Today has been the worst day. I have stayed in bed for a lot of today. I seriously felt like I was so weak I couldn't even lift my arms or even talk. Steve would come in and ask me a question and I would just stare at him. So what do I do? This is a rhetorical question I don't think I could handle people's opinions. Do I take my pills and be so sick every day? Do I continue to pray for help from Heavenly Father to get through this? Shannon has been crying SO much lately. I think she is teething. I can't take it any more. Conner was 4 1/2 months old when he got his first tooth and Shannon just turned four months earlier this week. I should be able to take it, I listened to Shannon cry for a couple of months because of her birthmark and it didn't phase me. She even starts to cry now and I can't take it. All I can do right now is cry. I am sure there are people reading this and thinking I am being too open or judging me but I don't want to hear from you, just let me share my trial. I feel so alone and unloved. I just wanted to write this down and I am sure I should just keep it to myself but at this moment I don't care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I'm here for you becca.
Dang. You know I mean it when I say I understand. I can help with kids or talking or whatever. I have no money and I suck at cooking, but anything else I can help you with! Your moms recipe sounds great. Good luck with it. Let us know!! Love ya!
We all go through hard times- not talking about is, I think, wrong. I tried to reach out with my postpartum depression and I only got nothing or peoples negative comments. One lady told me I just need to be grateful that I can have kids and that my kids were going to grow up fast so I need to enjoy the moments before they were gone. I knew she was right in ways but didn't understand why I was still so sad and having a hard time. Two kids is HARD HARD HARD! I went crazy. So, my point is, I'm sorry, I know it's hard. I hope that whatever you decided to do you can rise above it and feel better sooner then later. Good luck!
Becca, I'm so sorry. Isn't there another medication you can try that doesn't make you as sick?
Also, of course I'm biased about this, but it may help you to talk to someone about it. Having a sounding board once a week can do wonders.
BYU has a Comprehensive Clinic that does a sliding scale and most people never pay more than $15 a session.
I would love it if that could work for you.
Seriously e-mail me if BYU isn't for you. I could give you a referral to someone good.
Post a Comment