Saturday, October 3, 2009

Crazy Week

This week has been one of those kinds of weeks. I am so glad it is over and am hoping for a great week to come. Steve went Elk hunting this weekend for the first time. He has drawn out 4 of the 5 years we have been married for deer and he gets one every year. Too bad I don't like deer, but this was his first attempt at Elk. So while he was gone Conner and I hung out with my parents in Orem. Friday my mom and I went shopping at Kohl's and then my mom, dad and I ate Costa Vida for dinner. Yum! Saturday morning Debbie's kids, Jacie, Adison, and Kaylee joined us while she and her husband went to St. George. I made homemade bread and showed Jacie and Adison how to roll it out and form it into loaves. I've never taught kids anything about cooking before. Then we took the bread and some soup that my mom had made and visited my grandma. She is 80 but acts like she is 60. Always fun to see her. Conference is really hard to listen to with four kids, so I am grateful for the Ensign so I can still get an opportunity to read them.
On Wednesday we found out that the family that was going to buy our house couldn't get their loan. They had been preapproved, everything was going well and then after it went further on in the process they were denied. They have been self employed for two years but because they filed their taxes late the first year they can't prove that they really have been self employed that whole time so they were denied. So our house is back on the market. The part that stinks the most is having to keep my house clean all the time. But I got a call from my realtor (dad) on Friday asking if a family could come and look at our house in 3 hours. So, they got lost on the way which I guess discouraged the buyers but after they left the house and spoke with their realtor he thought they were going to give us an offer but then they decided on a house in the Ranches because it is 15 mintues closer. I can't blame them. I would too.
Okay, I need a lot of encouragement. I am trying to get myself to exercise more. Especially since I have been in baking mode. So I started 2 weeks ago. On Monday, I went on a walk with Conner, and Copper. I walked for 4 miles. Then on Wednesday I sat on my exercise bike and watched The Biggest Loser on the internet. That took a little over an hour. That was the first time in I don't know how long that I was actually sweating. I almost exercised a third time that week but never got around to it. If I had, that would have been a record. This week I walked 2.5 miles to pick up our family pictures that we had taken and that was it. I am getting more plump. I was actually hoping there was some other reason for it and decided I should take a pregnancy test. It was negative. It's just me expanding from food. Darn it. Well wish me luck because I know I will be SO much happier without the spare tire around my waist.

2 comments:

Celeste Ferguson said...

You're awesome!! It is so hard to be motivated to workout!! I have no motivation. Maybe we need another bigger looser thing with the family, but I say we wait until after the holidays!! LOL!!! :) Good luck with the house!! It was fun to see you and Steve today. Conner is growing soo much!

Amberlee said...

Hey do you want me to call you at
6 am when I get up. Call it motivation or annoying. j/k.